Nov. 25 2014

6:00 PM Scarlet Amour 4 Comments




My curfew is midnight.
 but at 6:18, you had me.
You swept me off of my feet at a time where i began to question myself and who i was inside. 
I had nothing when suddenly i had everything, and
 I'm afraid of heights.
but those dimples combined with your uneven smile had my heart fall for you so i jumped.

It seemed like no time limit could've put an end to feelings but I don't own a watch and I'm not much of a hiker.  my toes are always cold and i don't know if i love to drive yet, but with you i would've hiked to the top of mount everest. i love the views. and the midnight lights entice my entire soul in an indescribable way. 
you looked at me the way i had never been looked at before. 
you held me in your arms and carved our names into a tree that was never meant to be cut down. 
we danced under no sun with those gleaming brown eyes bright like stars i had never seen before.
 You had my heart singing but you were tone deaf. &
i didn't mind it, so we sang. 
we sang loud.  Loud enough to where the 3rd level of our spot could hear us from that rock we felt awkward on until I lost myself in the tune of your heartbeat. 
I could feel that tune deep as my chest wanted to match the sound of yours. 
You were the first who lit that fire in my heart. I didn't even know how to start a fire but you taught me. 
I might have whined a few times but our fingers intertwined and my mind was finally silent. 
The moment that match was lit I was burning with a flame that traveled throughout my whole body and up to my throat and tingled in my lips.

i didn't know how to kiss but we did. and oh how I was so warm. 
You were patient and we sparked on that freezing cold road of flashing lights.
 Not even the cops could take back what you had stolen from me. 
but I had no idea what to expect. It was like receiving a moving citation without a warning or an instruction manual. 
My heart raced so fast that my 15 minute mile would've been proud. but you got tired. 
so we laid together yet i was still alone.

Lights always go out & the smell of candles eventually start to make me feel sick.
I denied that we were out of juice so i squeezed the remaining pulp out of my heart down to the littlest of seeds. But you wanted a barbie so you went grocery shopping. 

& all that was left of me was smoke.
the smoke from lies and nostalgia of your tire marks on the driveway where you had me take off running. 

I don't know what the word love is or it's definition. and i'm not sure if i've ever been in love before but i know we were close. 

4 comments:

  1. "You had my heart singing but you were tone deaf. &
    i didn't mind it, so we sang."

    And the fire. And the last line, about being close. You're good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're hypnotizing with your words. incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every line. This was so good and I just wanted to keep reading more.

    "and i'm not sure if i've ever been in love before but i know we were close."
    Loved it all.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Author Info

Like This Theme

Video Of Day