Reality

5:08 PM Scarlet Amour 14 Comments


I am.
I am a human.
 I am kind.
I am soft.
I am thoughtful.
I am selfish.
I am a mormon.
I am real.
I am a real pain in the ass.
I am heartbroken.
 I am dramatic.
 I am a fighter.
I am a lover.
I am anxiety.
I am done with high school.
 I am I am I am. Sounds a lot like green eggs and ham but this is not a story book. 
Not even Suess could make up a children's rhyme for this intro post,
But here i am.
Fighting my own invisible battles in a world with invisible rules telling me who I'm supposed to look like and how I'm supposed to say my words. 
This is for you.
This is for souls with no confidence.
To the girls who have scars on their hearts and to the idiots who put them there. 
To those who's prayers haven't been answered yet.
This is for you. stuck in high school sitting in a desk counting down the minutes until graduation with kids who remind you of the walking dead.

The boy you've fallen in love with isn't what you thought he was. was he?
But that's your reality. 



14 comments:

  1. I really, really like this. The whole concept.. agh. It's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! My favorite line is "To the girls who have scars on their hearts and to the idiots who put them there." That literally blew my mind! Great way to start a blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxiety
    the boy you fell in love with wasn't who you thought he was
    you blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you put "I Am Mormon" and shortly after "I am a real pain in the ass." Well done!
    Ps. If that guy were driving a manual...how would he shift???

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a master.

    Welcome to the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good! You're such an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am.
    I am a human.
    I am kind.
    I am soft.
    I am thoughtful.
    I am selfish.

    Very honest. I loved these lines. I might copy. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was stunning

    also your music is fantastic

    nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  9. there's no way I missed this post. I just fell in love with your blog all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is an obvious reason you are in the top 5.
    Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I KNOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT YOUR WORDS
    BUT TO ME
    THIS POST IS ALL ABOUT YOUR MUSIC
    HOLY GOODNESSSSSSS.

    YOU WIN.
    ((GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC IS A NEARLY FLAWLESS PREDICTOR OF GOOD TASTE IN WORDS.))

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Author Info

Like This Theme

Video Of Day